International Students

IC Training Centre is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC), which is an independent body providing accreditation services for independent, further and higher education colleges.

ASIC accreditation helps students and parents make a more informed choice and will also help a school, college, university, training provider or distance education provider demonstrate to the international student body that they are a high-quality institution.

Why the UK?

The United Kingdom (UK) is a country rich in history, numerous industrial connections, a diverse population, and a variety of potential for you to take benefit of.

Having regular flights from all around the world, travelling to the UK is simple. Our campus is about an hour’s drive from Heathrow and Gatwick, two significant international airports.

Experience the UK Culture

You’ll be exposed to various cultures and experiences when you study abroad, which is among the key benefits. The UK offers a wide range of views, sounds, and flavours. The UK has much to attract you if you fancy visiting cities or want to venture forward into the countryside. In addition to serving classic British meals like fish and chips and Sunday roasts, cafés and diners in the UK also offer meals from other countries. Our weather is likewise unpredictable, allowing you to enjoy summertime highs around 18 and 25 °C and bundle up for wintertime lows of 5 °C. Therefore, be ready for any weather.

The UK has a large and thriving diverse society that welcomes immigrants from around the world. This is reflected in the UK’s diverse religious beliefs, music, events and even fashion. The varied religious practices, music, festivals, and sometimes even culture in the UK all reflect this.


Career Advancement and Benefits

Education in the UK provides numerous advantages for both academics and careers.

Become more fluent in English – As a universal language, English could help you expand your social and professional networks.

Obtain a degree that is recognised around the world – Your knowledge and experience will be respected no matter where you work because the qualifications that UK institutions offer are recognised around the world.

Choose a degree that fits your needs – You can earn a degree that is appropriate for your individual needs, allowing you to continue your education or advance in your work.

Work in addition to your education – You are allowed to work while you are an overseas student only if you are on a Tier 4 visa. We are providing short study courses which will restrict you from working in the UK. If you’re pursuing a degree or higher (Tier 4), you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and unrestricted hours over the summer.

Visa information

Standard Visitor visa 6 months or less

As visitors, international students can study in the UK for up to six months. Students from the EU, EEA or any other nation on the list of “non-visa nationals” below do not require a visa. Students from the nations of the Gulf Cooperation Council should submit a visa waiver application. Other students must first make an application for a Standard Visitor visa. (Please Check).

Key facts: Standard Visitor visa

  • Those who have a Standard Visitor visa are permitted to study in the UK at any time during the visa’s validity, which is typically six months.
  • Students can enrol in courses at any UK institution that has received government approval.
  • Students have the option to switch providers or courses.
  • No prerequisite English proficiency is needed.
  • With this visa, learners may volunteer but not work.
  • The fee for the application is GBP 100.

How to apply for a Standard Visitor visa

When and where to apply:

  • Student can apply for a standard tourist visa from 3 months before her travel.
  • Apply for a visa from anywhere in the world.
  • Application forms are available online from GOV.UK.

Required documents:

  • For visas, students need a current valid passport with a completely blank page.
  • If the visitor plans to study during their visit to the UK, they must include confirmation from an approved accreditation body demonstrating their plans. Students are not required to pay the full course fee before applying for a visa.
  • Details of where to stay in the UK. If accommodation is booked through the school, details, including costs, must be included in the confirmation.
  • Proof that you have sufficient financial resources to pay course fees, accommodation and living expenses.
  • Any documents that are not written in English must have their translations certified. Check out GOV.UK’s guide to supporting documents.
  • Students from certain nations must demonstrate a valid tuberculosis screening. On GOV.UK, look at the list of countries.

Short-term study visa: 6 – 11 months

The short-term visa is for anyone over 16 years old who wants to study English in the UK for between six and 11 months. This includes students from EU and EEA countries. All international students need to choose an accredited course provider before making a visa application.

Key facts: Short-term study visa

  • No minimum level of English is required.
  • Students must be 16 years old or above when they arrive in the UK.
  • Students must have the plan to study at a UK institution with a government-approved accreditation. All British Council-accredited language centres are suitable.
  • The visa is only valid for study at the institution that is named on the application form.
  • Students cannot work with this visa, but they can volunteer.
  • The application costs GBP200, plus GBP470 fee for the immigration health surcharge
  • Extensions: students can extend their original course booking up to the end of their visa validity period (maximum of 11 months)

When and where to apply:

  • Up to three months before travelling, students can apply for a short-term study visa.
  • They must apply from the nation in which they currently reside.
  • The application form can be found online on GOV.UK.

Immigration health surcharge

The immigration health surcharge must be paid by every student who submits an online visa application for a stay of more than six months. During their time in the UK, they will then have access to national health services.

This includes hospital services and free doctor’s appointments. The cost of a visa with a validity period of six to twelve months is GBP470.The longer the visa, the more expensive it is.

Required documents:

  • A current passport that is in good standing and has a blank page for the visa.
  • A confirmation letter from an accredited institution that has been approved by the UK government. This must include the name of the course, its duration, and its price, including lodging. Before applying for a visa, students do not need to pay the full amount.
  • Specifics regarding the student’s intended UK residence. The confirmation letter ought to contain information regarding the accommodation, including the cost if it is booked through the school.
  • Proof that you have enough money to pay for housing, living expenses, and tuition. Before applying, students are not required to pay the entire cost of the course, travel, or lodging.• Any documents that are not in English must have certified translations. Check out GOV.UK’s guide to supporting documents.
  • Students from certain nations must demonstrate a valid tuberculosis screening. On GOV.UK, look at the list of countries.

Application/Admission Process

Tuition fees

Information before arriving:

Before you leave for the UK to study, go through this packing list to make sure you have everything you need.

To help you make pre-departure plans, the checklist below will serve as a reminder of some important steps you need to take before your trip:

  • Apply for a visa;
  • Find a place to stay;
  • Plan your trip Documents:
  • Your passport, with a visa if necessary;
  • Your academic certificates, such as IELTS or TOEFL (originals and a photocopy);
  • Your offer and acceptance letters;
  • Proof of your finances and funding;
  • All original documents and information that the university or institute has sent you;
  • Several passport-size photographs;
  • Your driving license;
  • Directions to your residence or the university or institution;

 Medical records

If you intend to bring any medications into the UK, you must have a letter from your doctor that has been translated into English and explains the medication and its intended use.

If you are receiving ongoing medical care, bring a note from your doctor, counsellor, or hospital expert.


Even though you can bring a lot of money into the UK, it’s not a good idea to bring a lot of money. Until you open a bank account and deposit money into it, you only need a small amount of money to cover your expenses.

You should have between £300 and £500 in the bank. Traveler’s checks can be exchanged at banks, post offices, and airports, making them a convenient way to bring additional cash with you.

Tuition and accommodation fees

You must ensure that you can pay for both your education and housing at registration. As a result, you might want to carry several drawn-out bank drafts in sufficient amounts.

We are unable to accommodate students, so prior to purchasing airline tickets, we urge you to make the necessary arrangements for your home country.

Please see the list of London student housing providers below:

  1. Student Accommodation Ilford, London
  2. Unite Students
  3. Housing Anywhere
  4. Amber

Other letting agencies:

  1. Rightmove
  2. Spare room
  3. Zoopla
  4. On The Market

Hand luggage

Check with your airline before you depart, as many have severe weight or size limits for checked baggage. You can check out the inexpensive rates and generous baggage allowances offered by other airlines, like British Airways, on their website.

You are limited in what you are allowed to bring into the UK, and you should only carry products for personal consumption. For further information, go to the Home Office website.

Arriving in the UK

It will be easy for you to overlook something crucial when you first arrive in the UK to study because there will be so much for you to learn.

When you arrive, you must complete the following.

Copy your documents

Make copies of your biometric residence permit (BRP) and passport and keep them separately from the originals. You might also want to make a copy of your airline ticket (s). For more information, please visit the Home office website.

Register with a General Practioner (GP)

You can register with a primary care physician at a Medical Centre or doctor’s office in your neighbourhood.

As a student, you must become familiar with medical services. You will receive immediate support and assistance if you become ill. Register at a nearby medical facility for additional security. You can get the help you need and access to medical care through our healthcare services if you get sick or have an emergency. If you become ill while attending college, there will always be people available to assist you in contacting your local doctor or emergency services.

  • Ilford Medical Centre, 61 Cleveland Road, IG1 1EE
  • York Surgery, 55 York Road Ilford, IG1 3AF
  • Balfour Road Surgery, Doctors Surgery, 92 Balfour Road, Ilford, IG1 4JE

TOP tips for first-time student arrivals

The Immigration Service wants to make sure you have everything you need to quickly cross the UK border this year so you can study there. Follow these top tips for a stress-free crossing of the UK border:

  1. With your passport, be ready.
  2. If you’re not from the EEA, finish the landing card.
  3. Keep a copy of your university’s acceptance letter on hand.
  4. In your hand luggage, bring any relevant medical records, an up-to-date bank statement, and information about your lodging.
  5. Meat and dairy products cannot be imported from outside the UK.
  6. There are restrictions on a number of other foods, such as fish, eggs, honey, and some plants, fruits, and vegetables (like bulbs, seeds, cut flowers, and tree trunks).
  7. The amount of alcohol, tobacco, and gifts you are allowed to bring into the UK is limited. If you go over your duty-free allowance and don’t report it, most of the items could be taken away.
  8. Never carry anything that looks fake, is illegal, contains dangerous substances, or contains pornographic or immoral content. Some products are prohibited and require a license or authorization.
  9. Any cash worth at least £10,000 (or its equivalent in another currency) should be disclosed if you are traveling from a country that is not a member of the European Union.
  10. Avoid providing information that is false or misleading, including documents that are forged or counterfeit.

Useful Information

The Weather

Since the UK is a nation of islands that is surrounded by water, the weather is still the most talked-about topic because it is hard to predict and unpredictable. The weather is very different, with warm summers and cold winters. In the summer, temperatures can reach 30 degrees, while in the winter, they can fall to 0 degrees or lower. Also, it rains every now and again; Every month, we average 60 millimetres of rain, with significantly more in the winter. As a result, it may appear very cold, so bring warm, water-resistant clothing with you. You might want to bring an umbrella with you so that you can be ready for an unexpected downpour.

Traditional Foods

Meat, sheep, pork, chicken, and fish have generally been the primary elements of English cooking, which is normally eaten with potatoes and different vegetables. The sandwich, fish and chips, meat-and-paste treats like pies, and meat, potato, and vegetable dinners are among the UK’s most common and traditional dishes. Due to significant changes in the available dietary options over the past forty years, the British diet now includes essentials from around the world like pasta, rice, millet, beans, and imported vegetables and fruits. Curry is now considered to be Great Britain’s national dish. London is home to restaurants that serve food from the majority of the world’s cultural cuisines, including Chinese, American, Greek, French, Italian, Indian, and Mexican cuisines, in addition to several global take-out and processed food establishments.

Meals or snacks are also available at a lot of bars, shops, and taverns. Tea is said to be the national beverage of the United Kingdom. We consume 165 million cups of tea each day, and 144 thousand tons of tea are imported yearly. Due to the popularity of coffee, national and international coffee chains have expanded throughout the UK over the past two decades.


The UK gets its electricity from 230/240 volts. The only plugs that fit into a socket are three-pin (square) plugs, international devices require an adapter. Additionally, 110-120 volt devices necessitate the use of a transformer.


Layer your apparel. For instance, the temperature inside a plane may rise initially before falling as the flight progresses. For England, make sure to bring winter attire. It can get very cold, particularly in December and January. Make sure to bring a jacket with you to the airport in case it starts to rain. The weather may also be colder than usual when you first arrive in the UK.Also, if you’re going a long way or if your luggage gets lost, you might want to bring extra clothes and toiletries to change into when you get there.


Once you’re here, call your home to let people know that you made it safely. For your telephone, it very well may be desirable over getting a new sim card; The majority of stores sell these. When contrasted with using your nation of origin’s sim card, purchasing credit to use on your telephone ought to be more affordable. You have the option of making use of one of the many payment options that are accepted at public phone booths. Be careful to check the cost of an international call before making one. In the event that you both have web access, you could possibly stay in contact by making free telephone discussions over the web utilizing administrations like Skype. You will be granted free access to the campus computers and WIFI once your enrolment forms have been entered into the college system.

Working in the UK

If you are a short-term student in the UK, your passport stamp will say “No work” or “Work Prohibited. “As a result, you can’t work as a self-employed person or in any other type of employment, paid or unpaid.

Contact Our Admission Team

 We can help you find the perfect funded course and university in the UK

View All CoursesContact Admissions

Pin It on Pinterest