The job support scheme for Apprentices in now coming to a close.
Apprenticeship Incentive Scheme
If you were previously unaware, at the conservative party conference on the 4 October 2021 Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced that a £500 million spending package would be put in place to extend the governments job support scheme.
For Apprenticeships this meant that the Apprenticeship incentive scheme would continue until 31 January 2022.
Under this scheme Employers can apply for a payment of £3000 for new apprentices of any age.
This incentive payment is in addition to the £1,000 employers already receive for hiring an apprentice:
- Aged 16 to 18 years old
- Aged 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan or who has been in the care of their local authority
Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships helped them develop skills relevant to their organisation.
- 78% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve productivity.
- 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service.
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum for apprentices aged:
- Aged 16 to 18 years old.
- Aged 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan or who has been in the care of their local authority.
If your apprentice does not fall into the categories above but you are an employer that doesn’t have a pay bill over £3 million each year, you pay just 5% towards the cost of training and assessing an apprentice. The government will pay the rest up to the funding band maximum.
An apprenticeship can be any age and the programme usually lasts from 12 – 18 months. The apprentice will work with the employer throughout their apprenticeship for at least 30 hours per week.
When hiring an apprentice we will work with you to ensure the course being provided is appropriate to your business needs. Some of our most popular apprenticeship standards with employers are:
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 3 Digital Marketer, Digital IT Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 2 & 3 Child Care Apprenticeship
The apprentice will spend 20% of their work hours learning from industry experts at the centre.
We pride ourselves in the excellent quality of our apprentices and of our apprenticeship programmes. In 2018/19 we saw a 94.6% achievement rate from our students and last year we saw that grow to 100%.
Further Reading and Sign-up
If you are an employer looking to hire using this scheme you can find more details about:
- Hiring an apprentice here.
If you would like our support in this process or if you would simply like a conversion discussing you potential options you can:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 02033 711 041
- Click the sign up button below.