NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
This qualification is designed to guide and assess the development of your knowledge and skills relating to your role in the Health and Social Care workforce and can be used to confirm your competence in your chosen job role.
Up to12 months
Apprenticeship funding: Maximum funding for Employers: £3,000
Start Date: Once every month
An Adult Care Worker’s role is to make a positive difference to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges. Adult Care Workers need to have the right values and behaviours developing the competences and practical skills to provide high quality compassionate care and support to enable the service users to live safetly and as independently and have control and choice in every aspect of their lives.
• You will be allocated a dedicated Teaching Assessor.
• An Individual Learning Plan will be developed
with you and your Teaching Assessor.
• You will have formal progress reviews with your Assessor and Manager every 8-10 weeks.
• Coaching & Mentoring forms an integral part of your individual learning journey to ensure you have the most appropriate guidance and support to complete your programme.
• At the end of your programme you will complete an End-Point Assessment with an independent Assessment organisation, agreed by your employer.
• You will mutually agree SMART targets that take into consideration your individual ambitions and career goals.
Who it’s for:
Adult Care Workers are the frontline workers who help adults with the care and support that they require in a person-centred way that meets their personal preferences, needs and wishes to achieve their personal goals and enable them to live as much of an independent life as possible to control their lives. Job titles may include Care Assistant, Support Worker, Domicillary Care Worker, Home Care Support Worker, Re-enablement Worker and Personal Assistants.
- Level 2 Standard in Adult Care Worker
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 1 English and maths functional skills
- Level 2 English and maths functional skills must be attempted.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
Knowledge – The job you must do, your main tasks and responsibilities; the importance of having the right values and behaviours; the importance of communication; how to support individuals to remain safe from harm (safeguarding).
Skills – Undertake the main tasks and responsibilities according to your job role and job description; treat people with respect and dignity and honour their human rights; communicate clearly and responsibly.
Behaviours – The 6 C’s: Care, compassion, courage, communication, competence and commitment.
- Situational Judgement Test completed on an online platform.
- Professional Discussion to be completed with a representative from the awarding body which will take around an hour to complete.
This apprenticeship provides an ideal entry into the occupation, and supports progression within health and social care.
Learners will be able to progress into the Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker.