Level 5 Diploma in Teaching and Training (DET)
Everyone can recall the name of a teacher who was particularly inspirational, or whose lessons were enjoyable. People learn in many different ways so there are all kinds of learning to suit all, delivered in a personalised style.
Start Date: Contact us for more details
Our Education and Training programme provides a professional teaching qualification for non-graduates and graduates, those seeking to work or already working within adult and community education, the hair and beauty industry, the catering industry, the legal profession, the health services, social services, or the police and emergency services.
You may be keen to give something back, with the aim of sharing knowledge and inspiring others. You may be motivated by the chance to teach more fundamental skills. Or you may want to increase your skills and confidence, enabling you to effectively train others in your organisation.
- GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) or Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English may be considered, 16-64 UCAS points from AS and A-Levels or Level 3 qualification in related subjects or Access to HE Diploma
- Mature (over 21) students, who do not meet these academic qualifications but have relevant work or life experience will be considered.
- Applicants are expected to attend an interview and may take the initial assessment for English and Maths.
Where does it lead
- Further studies: You can progress to a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Job opportunities: You will have the skills and knowledge for employment in a range of careers including Teaching in Further Education or training in your chosen area or Work as a Freelancer.