Location: King’s lynn, Norfolk
40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Salary: Minimum Apprenticeship Wage
Description of the company:
Avitronics limited is an up and coming tech company looking for a passionate software development technician apprentice who can join their team and help the company achieve their goals of becoming one of the leading tech companies in the UK
As a Software Development Technician Apprentice your job role is code and test software you and your team are working on. As an Apprentice you will be studying level 3 Software Development Technician where you will receive on and off the job Training while 80% of your work hours is Dedicated to your work and the other 20% is Dedicated to studying your qualification, this qualification achieved will enable you to develop the capabilities and skills to progress in the Software Development career pathway.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Discuss with team members everyone’s own task that they should focus on
- Keep an eye out for any errors/bugs
- Ability to focus on your set task and try to deliver before the deadline
- Comment on your code at all times so that you and your team can understand each other’s code
- Website updates
- Dealing with enquiries from clients and general public.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience with Programming in Various Languages
- Ability to work independently with your own task.
- Strong understanding of Computational Thinking
- Passionate about Software Development and Always be willing to learn
- Can adapted to certain situation where your help is needed.
- Think out of the box to create solutions to existing Problems.
- Organised and Productive.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computational thinking
- Logical thinking
- Willingness to learn
IC Training Centre is an education and training provider offering high-quality work-based training and apprenticeships to help you get on in your chosen career. IC Training Centre provides a range of courses and qualifications including Apprenticeships in Business Administration, Customer Service, Health & Social Care, Childcare, Digital Marketing, Supporting Teaching & Learning and Assessor awards.
At IC Training we will provide all the support and guidance to help you pass your Apprenticeship while also having your skills coach by your side who you can contact whenever in need of assistance.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Qualification with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2(If not already achieved)
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
The duration of this apprenticeship is normally around 15-18 months.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will sit an EPA(End Point Assessment) where you will be assessed face to face online by an examiner and this will Contribute to your overall grade and upon passing you will receive your Certificate, However if you fail you can retake but it’s a lot better to pass the first time.
If you are interested in this Apprenticeship Opportunity, please get in contact with the details below and email us your CV, we wish you the best of luck.
📞 Call us on: 02033711041
or📧email us: email@example.com