Updated 1st March 2021
Students to Return to College 8 March 2021
Dear students, parents and carers,
In line with the recent government announcement, we are excited to welcome back students from Monday 8 March 2021.
We are delighted with this news and are looking forward to seeing students return to on-campus, face-to-face teaching as part of our blended learning approach.
Our students and staff have remained our priority in terms of safety since the start of the pandemic and we want to ensure that we keep everyone safe and well as we welcome you back to our campuses.
We will continue with mass testing for both our students and staff to make sure we are protecting our families and the local communities around us.
In line with guidance from the Government, we will continue to enforce Covid safety measures, including social distancing, the wearing of face coverings (unless exempt) and regular hand washing.
The ICTC team is currently working on our plans to welcome you back onto campus and further details will be available in the near future. We will continue with a blended learning approach with some time on campus for practical activities and some learning at home.
Whilst we are finalising those plans, please note:
- Our college teams will and are working closely with students, parents/carers, and staff to allay specific anxieties as much as possible ahead of students’ and staff returning on-site.
- In the first three weeks after their return, Covid testing will be offered to all students. Following this, regular testing will take place at home. We await further details from the government on how home testing will be organised. Please note that consent for testing will be required. Please submit a consent form.
- All staff will also be offered regular Covid testing.
- Students and staff with a letter from their GP confirming that they are “clinically extremely vulnerable” should notify us and continue to attend lessons or work from home until the date specified in their letter. Any student in this situation will continue to be offered high-quality remote learning.
- Covid-safe guidelines will continue to apply across all our premises to ensure everyone’s safety. This includes wearing face masks, deep cleaning, use of sanitiser stations, maintaining social distancing etc.
- Any student who tests positive or has Covid symptoms should not come into college, however, they should inform their tutor and email email@example.com
Thank you for your support throughout the lockdown period.
Staff members, students, parents, and carers will need to
book a test if they or their child has symptoms – the main symptoms are:
o a high temperature
o a new continuous cough
o a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
self-isolate immediately and not come to the setting if:
o they develop symptoms
o they have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19)
o anyone in their household or support or childcare bubble develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
o they are required to do so having recently travelled from certain other countries
o they have been advised to isolate by NHS test and trace or the PHE local health protection team, which is a legal obligation
• provide details of anyone they have been in close contact with, if they test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or if asked by NHS Test and Trace
Face covering guidance: Face coverings: when to wear one, exemptions, and how to make your own – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
UK Government Guidance available at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus