We understand that many people will have concerns about the fast-moving situation and guidance around the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety and well-being of our students, staff and other users of the IC Training Centre (ICTC) is our highest priority.
It is with this in mind that we have made the decision to manage a transition to online and remote teaching and learning. The following arrangements will be reviewed regularly and will be in place until further notice.
- Unless you have been told otherwise, your last day of in-college timetabled teaching will be Thursday 19 March.
- Online / remote teaching and learning will begin from Monday 23 March.
- Make sure you know how to log into your online portal. This is how your teachers will be setting your work, and receiving your work to mark. Instructions will be posted on your class group on whatsapp. If any question, firstly contact your subject tutor, other wise contact on 07960464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be assured that our staff are here to continue to support you through your courses and qualifications, and in your progression to your next step.
- The college will not close, we are all going to work in a different way.
How to access your Virtual Classroom
- Your teacher will send you an invitation and will share URL ID
An invitation will look like following as an example:
Rupal Mehta (Teacher’s name) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Time: MMM DD, 2020 xx:xx PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 123 456 7890
- Join the virtual class by simply clicking on the URL ID shared by your subject tutor on scheduled time.
- Here your teacher will share the file/resources/whiteboard/ your on-line course materials etc,. You can contact your teachers and fellow students as well as submit work and see your feedback once it has been assessed. There will be various resources, worksheets, quizzes videos and links to on-line learning to keep you learning away from college.
Your teachers will be monitoring your progress with the resources and will support you on-line through the virtual scheduled class, call conversation where possible. We will be sending you regular updates through email / Website and whatsapp group.
All students have been advised of how to access materials and submit work by their subject teachers. Teachers will be in regular contact to support students through this phase of online teaching.
Students should regularly check their emails, as normal and the College websites for further updates.
Support for students
We understand that the current situation is unsettling. If you feel you would like counselling support or to talk about a mental health issue, please contact us on 07960464339 or email email@example.com
- Firstly, do not worry about your place at ICTC. Your application will be processed and we will stay in touch regularly.
- Where you are awaiting to start your work placements as a part of the course, we will fully consider the requirements and will liaise with the employer (working from home policy) and will support you to continue on your progress. However, your and others health and wellbeing are at our most priority.
Please look out for emails from your manager and all staff briefings, on your work email.
Clients, partners: and suppliers:
Your relationship with IC Training Centre is incredibly important. Your point of contact with the college will be in touch soon. We are all on our college email accounts, so feel free to get in touch with your college contact, should you have any concerns.
UK Government Guidance available at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
NHS UK Guidance available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Last updated: 20/03/2020